Extremely slow chat window?!?!?

Moderator: InstantWarSupport

Crocker
Private
Private

Extremely slow chat window?!?!?

Post by Crocker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Now I have to report a problem with extremely slow chat window opening during events. Last night, during the DEFCON, it took about 40+ seconds for chat window to became visible when the chat was clicked. By that time the main window is frozen. Game is unplayable....

I think that if I close the game and reopen it it becomes responsive for short period of time. Than again waiting up to a minute.

I use Win10.

War.Advisor
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Extremely slow chat window?!?!?

Post by War.Advisor » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:37 am

Hello Commander Crocker,

could you share with us what your PC's configuration is. It would be a lot more informative to have these details before we forward the issue to our technical team so they can look into it.

Best Regards,
War.Advisor
Best of luck on the Instant War battlefield ^^

Crocker
Private
Private

Post by Crocker » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:47 pm

CPU Intel Core i5-6300U, 2.4Ghz, 2 core, 4 logical cores
8 GB RAM
190 GB Samsung SSD, 58 GB free on system partition
GPU Intel HD 520
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

eta457
Private
Private

Post by eta457 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:48 pm

I have had similar problems (about 20 secs freezing up), and I use a Win 10, HP Pavilion x360, 8 GB RAM and 128 GB of space. Has happened 3 times.

War.Advisor
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by War.Advisor » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:17 am

Greetings Commanders,

thank you for the detailed information. We would like to know if the chat you were trying to open was World or Alliance category. It would also be great to know if the specified (Alliance or World) chat activity was low or high.
One last thing - was the freeze/ slow opening only present during the DEFCON event and during which stage exactly?

Best Regards,
War.Advisor
Best of luck on the Instant War battlefield ^^

eta457
Private
Private

Post by eta457 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Happened 2 times in DEFCON, unsure of what stage it was, 3rd time was during Colusseus XT event. Both in Startup of looking at the Alliance chat.

Crocker
Private
Private

Post by Crocker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Hello War.Advisor,

It was Alliance chat and the activity was very high as there where 30+ Alliance players active.
The chat generaly gets laggy when there is increased activity during any event. I have noticed before lag of about 2-5 seconds before window opens.
Now it was unbearable as the wait time jumped to 40+ seconds so the game was unplayable. I could only watch!
The lag was present during the whole DEFCON event. At start it was lower. At the end I had a feeling it was more than a minute. At 02 h 14min from the start of event the lag was 30.78 seconds and at 03 h 13 minutes the lag was 48.20 seconds. Yes I was so desperate to measure it. After this it gets worse but had no nervs any more to measure lag.

Something similar was noticeable with Inbox before when there is a lot messages (usualy Economy) but drastically lowered after last update. Apart that I started to delete old messages from Inbox so I do not have to wait several seconds for Inbox to open. And there is no activity there. Only a bunch of static messages.

Crocker
Private
Private

Post by Crocker » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Any new about this problem?
Or you are too bussy playing KE?