IW only for US players?!

Moderator: InstantWarSupport

RS7
Private
Private

IW only for US players?!

Post by RS7 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:11 pm

It's pretty obvious that this game is only made for US Timezone and it's just damn annoying that we europeans can't really compete with other alliances during events. For example, Defcon One stage 3 ends for us europeans at 1 AM (on a Monday) and now the airplane thing starts at 00:00 server time? Are you kidding? Why not change it each time, so that everyone has a chance or you make only timezone based servers?

I hope this will be changed soon, otherwise many will delete this game.

AMC Member

eta457
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: IW only for US players?!

Post by eta457 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:13 am

I can personally disagree with your sentiment, I live in Australia, DEFCON starts at 4 am here on the East Coast, and finishes at 9 am.
BTR member.
I'm a trouble-making spot!

RS7
Private
Private

Post by RS7 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:21 pm

eta457 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:13 am
I can personally disagree with your sentiment, I live in Australia, DEFCON starts at 4 am here on the East Coast, and finishes at 9 am.
BTR member.
What do you disagree with? Of course it‘s good for you, when stage 3 (the decisive one) ends at 9 am, so you can join the fight and more than half of AMC sleep.

eta457
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by eta457 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:50 pm

RS7 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:21 pm
eta457 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:13 am
BTR member.
What do you disagree with? Of course it‘s good for you, when stage 3 (the decisive one) ends at 9 am, so you can join the fight and more than half of AMC sleep.
I disagree with what you were saying, be cause not everybody that plays IW lives in Europe.
I'm a trouble-making spot!

RS7
Private
Private

Post by RS7 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Are you serious? Where did I mention that everybody lives in europe? Read it again please and then comment.
I only suggested that those events should change times every time or make timezone based servers so everybody has a chance to compete. We have some members who spent some money and they can‘t even participate in those events because of the bad timing for us europeans (don‘t know about other timezones). Luckily I‘ve spent 19 bucks since the launch of this game and don‘t really care about it but it‘s not fair for the others who spent big money.

Draconavich
Private
Private

Post by Draconavich » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:58 pm

the timezone thing can even be an issue here in the US, I'm often asleep or unable to access the game at that time. BUT then again I work overnights and sleep during the day. my suggestion would be to try and get alliance members from several timezone's to have at least some people capable of being online throughout the entire day. my alliance has loads of people both in US AND the EU
I am Kinjiru of Angels and Demons on server 9 @ x923y1090

MalikSergiu
Private
Private

Post by MalikSergiu » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:26 pm

I Agree!
As a Prime Minister, I can say Time zone is a Problem for Europe.
I must stay untill 3:00 in the Night, 95% of my team are gone sleeping before it ends, while in US and Australia is a cool day.

I think, it would be great if time would be diferent every Defcone. Like +6 hours difference.
1st Defcone start 0:00, after 2 weeks Defcone starts 6:00, after 4 weeks Defcone starts 12:00, after 6 weeks Defcone 4 starts 18:00, this way every one would have equal chance and be happy, I hope.

Great game anyway !