Encampments - What's the point?

Moderator: InstantWarSupport

StickyHandJoe
Private
Private

Encampments - What's the point?

Post by StickyHandJoe » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:10 am

I've been playing this game for a while now, almost HQ11 and a fairly dedicated player, and the encampments always irk me...

It seems no matter what I hit, the reward is disappointing! I almost prefer to hit level 1 encampments, because it seems to me they drop the most materials. (which is quite hilarious due to the ease of which they are destroyed). In my humble opinion, the rewards from encampments NEED to be improved. Level 1-5 encampments have fair rewards, very easy to destroy so the rewards are less than spectacular. Lvl 6-10 encampments however, need better loot! Maybe throw in shields (2 hr and rare 8hr), a rare random port once in a while, some anti-scouts (2 hr?) and maybe some troop boosts. Level 11+ encampments, however, the rewards are terribly scaled. We need bigger, more relevant resource drops, rarer materials, (green and blue!) random ports and shields, and maybe even the super rare precise port! I've taken out level 13 encampments and the rewards were hardly worth what I spent on reviving the troops, the General Experience is the only thing remotely close to being worth it...

Please give this some thought Devs, let me know the thinking behind the current system because I am confused, it could be so much better!

InstantWarSupport
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: Encampments - What's the point?

Post by InstantWarSupport » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 am

Hello StickyHandJoe ,

Thanks for your feedback.

I will make sure to share it with the team.
With Update 2 there will be a new Add-on available to help you with the material production.

Our idea for the current set up is to provide more but low quality materials and low experience for the first encounter levels, while for the upper encounter levels you will receive higher experience reward, better materials and higher resources packs

Please note that you can obtain a material up to "Green" level, upper levels could only be achieved by fusing 5 materials of the same kind/color.

I hope this helps.
Have a great day,

Shivach
Private
Private

Post by Shivach » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:53 am

@StickyHandJoe,

Leveling up by battling Encounters is your main source of XP in almost every War game. Talent points give you bonuses for free as opposed to research.

I would also like to see a bit more variety in the rewards, but throwing in boosts and shields sounds a bit over the top as it will make paying players who battle high level encounters even more flexible and powerfull. Just for reference defeating a lvl18 encounter gives me 1300 XP and about 13x 2K Food or Petroleum - can you gather 26K Food in 12minutes?

Also - I just won the Encounter/ Encampment event on server 1

StickyHandJoe
Private
Private

Post by StickyHandJoe » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Definitely see what you're saying, I did a LOT of heavy hitting on lvl 13 encampments in the recent event and the resources are pretty decent all things considered, but I'll stick to my guns and agree with you that I wanna see boosts and maybe some vip/shields to help with overall gameplay at a higher level! I feel like if you're consistently active and constantly hitting encampments, there should be more of a chance that your determination leads to things of real value!

:)