account based, not device based

Moderator: InstantWarSupport

MeanOldMan
Private
Private

account based, not device based

Post by MeanOldMan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:21 pm

I want to play my same game on multiple devices. I like to play on my surface when I'm on the pooper or watching tv with family. I also like to play on my desktop with big screens.

Also, War Planet used to handle gamefile when they first came out like you guys. I upgraded my windows and lost my game file, and had to start all over. How do you guys protect against this happening?

InstantWarSupport
General of the Army
General of the Army

Re: account based, not device based

Post by InstantWarSupport » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:11 am

Hello Commander MeanOldMan ,

Thanks for your question.

Our team is working on this option and cross platform account linking with priority.
However, for the moment we can not provide a clear ETA when it will be completed and available.

Thanks once again for your question and understanding.
Have a great day,

Prometheus
Private
Private

Post by Prometheus » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:59 pm

It used to be that the game account roamed on profiles with Windows.
I.e., if I logged in with the same Microsoft ID on two separate PCs, I could play the same account on both PCs.
I used this to be able to play on both my Windows tablet as well as my desktop.

I got my replacement for my tablet today and installed Instant War on it - but was greeted with the tutorial instead of the game state of my old tablet/desktop.

Of note, all other games transferred across fine.

I can only surmise that this is either something that you changed (or accidentally broke) with the new release, as it worked fine before.

If you have any tips on how I can move my game state to my new tablet, I'd appreciate that. I had a look at your WUA isolated storage files, but decided that I should probably not mess with them...

Thanks!

InstantWarSupport
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by InstantWarSupport » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 am

Hello Prometheus,

Thanks for your question.

At the moment there is no account linking option, but we may be able to manually transfer your progress.

Could you please send a message to the Support Team from the device you plan on using?
If you already did send a request to the team, we will be able to answer it today.

Thank you in advance.
Have a great day,