Some suggestions

Moderator: InstantWarSupport

TDKnight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Some suggestions

Post by TDKnight » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Hey, guys. So I’m here today to offer some suggestions that I believe could improve the overall experience for us players.

1. Scouting: As it stands right now, scouting is all but useless, at least until you’ve hit (maybe) HQ12 and your science building being roughly the same. The main purpose for scouting a location is to figure out what, exactly, is at that location. When scouting a base, I couldn’t care less about what resources are there, or what kind of stats the general has. If I’m scouting a base, I’m scouting it because I plan on attacking it. Scouting a base and determining what kinds of troops are there and how many (even if it’s just a rough estimate) is crucial. It’s key in the decision making process on whether or not you’re going to attack a certain location. My proposed solution to this issue is to, more or less, rearrange some things. Right off the bat, maybe provide players whose science building is less than 5 a rough approximation of the type and number of troops at a certain location. Upon hitting five, those approximations start to become a little more specific. Then you start to introduce things like the general’s stats, what kind of gear they have equipped, what kind of boosts do they have activated, etc.

2. Teleports: Yeah, yeah, I know. This is a topic you guys hear all about. As of right now, KE’s are pretty dull. There’s no real activity going on in regards to actual conflicts and battles and whatnot. A large reason for this, aside form the fact that IW is still a growing game and acquiring new people, is because teleports are just too damn expensive. I would be a little more accepting of the price if we had reasonable means of acquiring them without having to shell out money. It shouldn’t take me weeks to work up enough alliance points just to purchase a single precise teleport. Proposed solution? This one’s a two-part. Firstly, rework how alliance points are earned. Introduce more alliance-based challenges/events. Include decently sized amounts of alliance points as rewards for completing each tier of the challenge. Increase the amount of points earned for donating to alliance tech by anywhere from 75-100%. Secondly, in reference to the gold cost of precise teleports, I feel as if 1,900 is a little bit excessive, borderline not worth the money that we choose to give to you guys to support this game. I don’t know, maybe drop the gold price of teleports to anywhere between 1,000 to 1,200? I feel as if this slight decrease will reassure players that their money isn’t really being wasted, for lack of a better way of putting it.

Both of these issues and my proposed solutions, in my opinion, will help to give players the game that they’re really looking for. One that’s packed with action. One that keeps you on your toes. Anyways, thank y’all for taking the time to read this and please consider what I’ve said here.

crazyharry
Private
Private

Re: Some suggestions

Post by crazyharry » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:05 am

I'm guessing you're part of server 2 or not? In server 1 i saw alot of people jumping around. Everyone except the top 3 alliances got burned down. As i big player i would love cheaper teleports but that is a bad thing for the server because the moment i get more mobile i will burn even more. This is true for all the bigger players. So the cost of teleports is to slow the bigger ones down and protect the smaller ones. As it stands now i will not jump to a small alliances as it's not worth the teleport. So they are protected from me because of the teleport cost. If i get cheaper teleports that means there is a higher chance of them burning (by me or other players).
So yeah it does give more action. Next thing people will complain about is shield cost as they need to shield more.

TDKnight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TDKnight » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 am

But shields are easier to obtain than teleports from my observations. I’ll get shields for practically doing nothing. And, yes, I’m server 2.

InstantWarSupport
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by InstantWarSupport » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:40 am

Hello TDKnight ,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback.
I appreciate the time you invested to share your point of view and possible solutions.

I will make sure to share them with our Dev team.

Once i have any kind of an update i will make sure to share it with you :)

Thanks once again :)
Have a great day,

TDKnight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TDKnight » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm

InstantWarSupport wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:40 am
Hello TDKnight ,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback.
I appreciate the time you invested to share your point of view and possible solutions.

I will make sure to share them with our Dev team.

Once i have any kind of an update i will make sure to share it with you :)

Thanks once again :)
Thank you very much, I look forward to hearing back from you guys!

ChocMilk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ChocMilk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Yes I want lots of ports so I can get my meagre kill count up :D :D

TDKnight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TDKnight » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:44 pm

ChocMilk wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Yes I want lots of ports so I can get my meagre kill count up :D :D
See, and that’s what I’m saying! Making teleports easier to acquire will change the dynamic of the game. It’ll make the game more fast-paced, more engaging. I think I can speak for most players when I say that that’s what we’re wanting.

LucerianPrince
Private
Private

Completely agree with TDKnight!!

Post by LucerianPrince » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:31 am

Those in server 1 who are having issues with too many ppl having TP, server 2 isn’t as blessed unfortunately and we actually have a lack of players with TP and it’s honestly been players from the top alliances who Use TP in groups at that causing for a sort of unfairness in the game. My name is StayFrosty from server 2 and I speak for all when I say that TDKnights statement holds much truth to it and we would like to see future changes.

Yours Truly,
StayFrosty ^_^

ChocMilk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ChocMilk » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:05 am

Those top alliance players are so unfair towards the rest of us :(

TDKnight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TDKnight » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:05 pm

I feel as if this would, for all intents and purposes, act as a check to keep those big players on their toes. Having easier to acquire ports would enable people to engage in faster sync attacks against huge players, deterring them from teleporting around and harassing alliances. Maybe that’s just me being optimistic, but hey, you can’t fault me for that.