Shields

Tell us what features you'd like to see

Moderator: InstantWarSupport

Killercougar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Shields

Post by Killercougar » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:22 pm

You need to make it that shields can be stacked .. I have loads of useless 2 hour ones no 8 hour ones then it’s day ones

Kill event wanted to just shield over night but can’t as I can’t stack the 2 hour ones so had to use a day one therefore no attacking due to not wanting to waste it by dropping .. can’t buy 8 hour ones in the alliance store so out of options 🤔

I asked before about when we go on a weeks holiday what are we meant to do then .. going to be pretty crap coming home to a zeroed base as there is no shielding option and there may be no WiFi where you are

A lot of work could be lost just because you are away .. if I come home to a zeroed base maybe I wouldn’t come back at all .. building troops takes too long

Again please sort these shields out

ChocMilk
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Shields

Post by ChocMilk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:46 am

If you manage your troops properly using the alliance shelter and marches in other shielded bases you can get by with rarely using a shield.

Don’t waste gold on shields if theres other ways of achieving safety

Killercougar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Killercougar » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 pm

What about if you go on 2 weeks holiday and have too many troops for the shelter ? Some need occasionally to shield if you need time out ?

ChocMilk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ChocMilk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:39 am

There are ways around using a shield, the shelter, another full march or 2 in a reliably shielded alliance base, then you can also leave enough troops at home that will fill your hospital if attacked so you can heal them when you get home

Killercougar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Killercougar » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:27 pm

But if you have a lot of troops you’d probably lose more than your hospital beds which I do so there would be permanent losses especially if attacked more than once which is likely if away for 2 weeks and you’re weakened .. stacking shields should be available

ChocMilk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ChocMilk » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:51 pm

You didnt understand how I described protecting yourself without a shield, your hospital cover should be enough if you take precautions

War.Advisor
General of the Army
General of the Army

Post by War.Advisor » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:21 am

Hello Commander Killercougar,

as Commander ChocMilk pointed out, if you take the following actions, your Hospital/ Recovery Capacity should be enough:

- Send a full march to your Alliance Shelter (*March Size boost can help also)
- Reinforce Alliance Members with an active peace shield (*March size boost)
- Always recover your troops after battling commanders or encounters

I hope you find this helpful.
The Instant War team
Best of luck on the Instant War battlefield ^^

Killercougar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Killercougar » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:25 pm

Ok I have well over a million troops .. 3 marches of 100k roughly ... hospital 105k .. so if I’m hit over and over whilst away so can’t recover in between attacks I’m sorry maybe I’m thick but how do I save those troops as I’d be over my hospital limit 🤔

Killercougar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Killercougar » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:29 pm

You say always heal your troops in between so I think in fact you’re failing to understand what I am saying .. I will be abroad on holiday with no access to the game .. I cannot heal I need to be able to shield for the duration .. also you say put marches with people with peace shields .. I’m talking 2 weeks they won’t have shields for 2 weeks so again troops are at risk .. why is it so difficult to offer a shield for people to take holidays ?

ChocMilk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ChocMilk » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:03 am

If your March size is a puny 100k then why do you need 1 million troops for ?
Dismiss your lowest level troops !!
If you’re shielding just to protect high amount of low level troops then you need to re-evaluate how you play

Are you just hoarding troops to make yourself look big ? WHY ??